Sunday, May 17, 2009

try to stop your waterworks...

If you haven't watched season 5 yet, do NOT read further or any of my latest Grey's Anatomy posts. ***They contain all kinds of spoilers!***



Alex: Please.

Izzie: Alex.
Alex: Look, you went crazy. When Denny signed that DNR (Do Not Resuscitate) you went crazy. Is that what you want? You want me cutting LVAD's?
Izzie: No.
Alex: You wanna wreck my career? 'Cause I will, I will freakin' cut LVAD's before I let you... just... just WAIT! STOP! You don't get to quit. You don't get to quit on me. Please! Tear it up! The DNR, tear it up! (crying)
Izzie: Where your eyes are supposed to be right now, I see white sandy beaches. And there's an ocean behind your head, and there are ghosts wandering in and out. I can't live like this, and I cant live if something goes wrong in that surgery I don't want any extraordinary measures taken to keep me alive. It's not what I want. I went crazy when Denny signed the DNR because I didn't understand. I didn't understand but now I do, and I need you to understand. I don't want you to go crazy, I want you to have a brilliant career, and I hope that I get to be here for that. But, if I can't I just wanna go to the other side. I don't know what's there but it's gotta be better than hospital beds and tubes down my throat. So please, please don't cut LVAD's. Just if it comes down to it, just let me go. And right now, kiss me. Please, please just kiss me and close your eyes because the beach is so distracting.
Alex: (crying) Alright. (kisses her)

No comments:

Post a Comment