Sunday, May 30, 2010

Pinkpop 2010

So yesterday I went to a festival called Pinkpop. Three full days of partying, drinking and what not. I've been there before in 2007 for two days but this year I only went for the day that JOHN MAYER was playing. But it felt good to be back after 3 years. I don't care what you think about him but he was indescribable.

He played from 7:30 till 8:30 pm. I immediately went to the stage where he was playing when the other band was done. We stood there for one hour waiting before he actually came out. Longest hour in my entire life. My goal was to stand in front but it was impossible to get through all those people. I think I stood in the 25th row or something, but still I could see him very detailed lol.

7:29:55 - 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.. and there he was. I could CRY. I think I died at that moment and went to heaven. If that's what heaven feels like. I was screaming my heart out when he came out. One of the best days of my life. Jammin every song. There was this annoying girl in front of me that was slappin me with her muhfuckin ponytail though. He played a few from his Continuum album and a few from his new album Battle Studies. He ended with 'Gravity' and it was goohooood. Everybody laughed and went crazy when he suddenly got on the ground with his guitar and doing his amazing guitar solo.

And after that it was over. That probably was THE shortest hour in my life. Felt like I was standing for 10 minutes. Everybody was yelling 'WE WANT MORE, WE WANT MORE' in the end. Unfortunately he didn't came back. BUT Green Day on the other hand...

Green Day was the last band to perform that Saturday on Pinkpop. I've liked Green Day but I've never been a real fan. But that totally changed after last night. The singer grabbed like 3 people out of the audience and let them sing. There were a LOT of fireworks and I've thought for like 4 times they were done, but the band got back EVERY TIME. Too funny, cause everybody was like 'WTF?! They're still not done?' after the 2nd time they got back. Greenday fans were lucky, they played for 2,5 hours.

I also saw the Swedish band Mando Diao, the Dutch band Moke, another Dutch band Destine, 5 minutes of Caro Emerald and Ryan Shaw. I didn't know who Ryan Shaw was but he was good. I loved that he dedicated Man In the Mirror to Michael Jackson. I think everybody was touched by that.

Didn't take a lot of pics cause my iPhone camera is crap. Brother took my Canon to Italy...











You missed this:



3 comments: